The Concom reviewed dozens of hotels. We made site visits, talked to sales and management staff, requested proposals, and carefully thought through all of the possibilities. We’re very pleased with our final choice, the Residence Inn Pentagon City, and we hope you will be, too!
Here are a few highlights of our new location:
- Better access to restaurants and shopping! Nearby Pentagon City, Pentagon Row, and the Pentagon City Mall offer even more restaurants and shopping options than our previous location.
- Better accessibility to transit and airports! The closest Metro station, Pentagon City, is two blocks from the hotel and serves two lines (Blue and Yellow). The closest airport, Reagan National (DCA), is 2 miles away. (Hotel parking is expensive, so we encourage you to use Metro or carpool.)
- Full kitchens in every room! The hotel’s spacious rooms include kitchens (with a refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, and coffeemaker; some rooms may have ovens and refrigerators with ice makers), which we hope will make for fantastic room parties. Plus, the hotel offers free grocery delivery!
- Better con space! The meeting space layout offers more privacy and more flexible room configuration. We're planning to take full advantage!
- Free breakfast! The hotel offers free hot breakfast to all guests, with selections that vary daily (here’s a list of what may be included). Con members not staying in the hotel can purchase the hotel’s breakfast for $10.
- More hotel perks! The Residence Inn offers a number of additional perks: an indoor swimming pool, pet friendliness (for an additional fee), and room TVs that can be connected to laptops and other devices via HDMI cables (we will provide HDMI cables for checkout to facilitate watching parties and vid shows).
Please note that the Residence Inn Pentagon City’s room names are somewhat confusing! We want you to be absolutely clear on what is available. Our block includes two types of rooms: Studio Suites ($129/night) and Queen/Queen Suites ($149/night).
Studio Suites ($129) feature a king bed and a sofa bed. (The sofa bed is a full, which technically fits two people but may be more comfortable for one.) Studio Suites are a good fit for between 1 and 3 people.
Queen/Queen Suites ($149) feature two queen beds and a sofa bed. Queen/Queen Suites are a good fit for between 2 to 5 people.
Unfortunately, our room block doesn’t include Queen/Queen suites on Sunday night. If you are planning to stay through Monday morning, you'll want to book a Studio Suite (unless you want to switch rooms on Sunday or pay the full rate of $229 for Sunday night). We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please reserve your room before our block closes on July 7th!