Vidders! If you wish to make a brand new vid to premiere at this year's Vividcon Club Vivid, here is where you sign up!
Club Vivid vids are to be submitted by:
Friday, April 29th!! (any timezone - if it's still April 29th where you are, you can still submit)
You have two months but that is going to fly by so start now!
All club vivid premieres must have their song approved before being submitted - either for appropriateness for the dance party or to see if anyone else wanted the same song. Song choice is on a first come first served basis.
Remember, we also have a pre-approved song list this year so if you want to choose something from that you can. You can listen to this year's playlist here:
To sign up for a song please fill out this google form. You can submit multiple requests if you wish.
Only new vids will be accepted for premieres, of course, but closer to the event we will have a suggestions page for people to recommend older vids for us to show at the party.
What is Club Vivid anyway?
It's the best party of the year, that's what. Those of you who are new to vvc and new to club vivid, the idea is pretty simple - people make vids to danceable music and we dance to these vids and a bunch of fan favourites at the con and it's awesome fun. It's a VJ'd show and we set aside around 2 and 1/3 hours of vid time to brand new vids by vidders.
Anyone can submit vids to be shown and they will be selected according to the following priorities:
- attending vidders first choice vid (or VJ choice if no preference)
- a small selection of the VJ's preferred not-yet-chosen vids, as required for balance of music or fandoms. These are selected from any as yet unchosen premieres.
- supporting members first choice vid
- everyone else's 1st choice submissions
- attending members 2nd choice followed by supporting, then non-member etc until all vids are chosen or there's no time left.
We often get song requests that are harder to dance to but still fun and we withold the right to, should they be hard to position in the show, give the vidder the option of moving their vid to the Premieres show which can often be a better venue for some vids. Vidders will be contacted ahead of time and asked if they are ok doing that.
My general advice for song choice is:
- 3 to 5 minute vids are ideal length for club vivid vids but honestly any length is possible and it depends from song to song
- Long beatless breaks in songs and slow openings can be accommodated but they make placing the vid in the mix harder as they can break up the flow.
- Slow dance has never really gone down well at club vivid, alas. Nor has country but I think there's exceptions that could break that rule. If it's fun, it can be a blast at club vivid.
- Please please please find a good quality source for your audio as it will really help people enjoy the vid more. If you need help with this, ask.
- Feel free to add credits after the music but note that they may be edited out when mixed for the live show. They will be intact on the dvd. MTV-style credits are of course totally fine too.
- Any footage is good footage for club vivid. Seriously, people have danced to Bambi in previous years and loved it.